Cherie said...
Ashley,In my office things are a little different, regardless of what needs to be done the expectation is that everyone who is available will pitch in and get it done. However in other offices this is not the case. It is assumed that the administrative teams which are predominately women will take care of it. What is also amazing is that people will hold a meeting in a room and not clean up their mess leaving it for the administrative team to clean up. I think sometimes people think that if you’re in a support role that’s what you do is support; you’re not expected to have a brain or an opinion. It is true that most administrative professionals are women; in my experience many of them have college degrees and use these jobs to enter the workforce. Being a manager of administrative services I am an advocate of administrative services; every chance I get I sing their praises and educate people about their contributions which allows all of us to achieve our organizational goals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment